Thursday, December 23, 2010

I might need to visit a Betty Ford Clinic

with·draw·al (w-drôl, wth-)
n.
1. Detachment, as from social or emotional involvement.
2. Discontinuation of the use of an addictive substance.
3. The physiological and mental readjustment that accompanies such discontinuation.
4. A pattern of behavior, observed in schizophrenia and depression, that is characterized by a pathological retreat from interpersonal contact and social involvement and that leads to self-preoccupation.
5. Coitus interruptus.


I truly believe I might be going through Starbucks and chocolate withdraw. Tired, headache, kind of a bad mood, even more tired, fatigued. These are some of my symptoms and I know the one remedy.

Number 2, yes, I believe you are causing grief in my life. Haha, number 5, I don't think I like the way you sound. It has been at least 4 days since I last tasted the sweetness that is a Venti Iced White Mocha. Thinking about it makes me want to visit Brian, my local barista and get a hit of my caffeine crack. How can a yummy delicious drink have such a hold over me? Why can't I be stronger? Oh dear Lord, why is there a Starbucks on my way home!

peace.love.health.mimi

P.S. I had a quick fix... only a grande. I know, I am weak . Check out this site for more information on caffeine withdrawal.

1 comment:

Plastic Cup of Stars said...

No need for such severe withdrawal. Let Starbucks be your daily treat, but restrict your order to the skinny, flavored lattes. With non-fat milk and sugar-free syrup, the Tall size is only 90-100 calories. It's my dieting secret.